Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_OC

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I've just noticed that over 5,000 points have been credited to my Citibank rewards account (Select) since 2 days ago.

This is weird, as I was under the impression that points normally credit within a couple of days of spending, and I've not spent much in the past few days. In fact, in the past 2 weeks I've only spent about $900 on this card, all domestically and some of that was on insurance, which apparently earns no points now. So my total points earn over the past 2 weeks should be no more than about 1,600, and I have already been credited with other points over the past 2 weeks.

I'm obviously not complaining, but does anyone know what the explanation might be?

if it's not the bonus supermarket points, then you could have spent with Citi's bonus partners where you get 3 extra points per dollar.

www.citibank.com.au/bonuspartners

I don't think it's either if those things. We don't use the Select card in supermarkets at all (we use Plat Edge), and I didn't get that offer anyway.

None of the spending recently was with bonus partners either - so unless it's bonus points from some time in the past that have just been belatedly paid. But even then - isn't it just 1 additional point at those merchants? If so I'd presumably have to have spent 5 grand somewhere for that to be the explanation, and I can't think of any such transactions.

hmmm

With Select Bonus Partners, you actually get more than 1 bonus points.

• 2 points + 3 bonus points = Total points 5 points per $1 spent

Did you look under the Travel & leisure bonus partners and Automotive bonus partners? Citi has a lot of partners under that category.

Still can't find any bonus partner transactions any time recently. I also got my weekly email from Award Wallet today and it shows I've been credited almost 6,500 Citi rewards points in the last 7 days. I'd need to have averaged almost 10 points per $ for this to have come from my spending over that time period (+ a few days), so I think the points must relate to transaction(s) a while ago (either that or it's a mistake!).

You could be right and the points could relate to bonus partners that you have spent with in the past and you are now awarded for it.

Just don't think too much into it and be thankful hahaha :)

Asking too much questions will get Citi worried as they trawl these website. I highly doubt Citi would make a mistake by giving 10 points per dollar anyways.

I received 5000 points as well. I was expecting them for the Citi Select survey which I did around 6 weeks ago. ?Did you do the survey?

I received 5000 points as well. I was expecting them for the Citi Select survey which I did around 6 weeks ago. ?Did you do the survey?

Ah, that's it! Mystery solved! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Back