Search and booking issues trying to book CR flights

DrGear

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
I don't know if there's some kind of trick to finding flights on the Qantas site but depending on which version of the search I use and what legs I select depends on what gets shown to me. Sounds weird, but bear with me. I use the front page search as well as the multi trip search to try and find what I need.

I'm booking SYD-MNL-HND and return 18/3/25-12/4/25 or roughly those dates, but the timings on flights don't line up great for CR and when I tried making bookings the other night, the system wouldn't work and of course the flights I was trying to book disappeared. Now I've found an itinerary that kind of works, but whenever I go to search potential flights that come up in one search, they don't come up in another. For example, JL745 NRT-MNL comes up when you search for ITM-MNL, but not NRT-MNL, it keeps showing me flights from HND that get in so late and would require a 24 hour layover in Manila. Screenshot 2024-10-09 at 10.12.00 pm.png

If the system was working a few days ago this wouldn't have been an issue but it ket bringing up a server error.

So if the greater minds here have some tips for me or some reading that I can do to better understand it all it would be greatly appreciated.

when I tried making bookings the other night, the system wouldn't work and of course the flights I was trying to book disappeared
When did they disappear? Did you get to the payment page? Or was it earlier?

Now I've found an itinerary that kind of works, but whenever I go to search potential flights that come up in one search, they don't come up in another. For example, JL745 NRT-MNL comes up when you search for ITM-MNL, but not NRT-MNL
This looks like an example of married segments. It is unlikely you will be able to book NRT-MNL on its own.

So if the greater minds here have some tips for me or some reading that I can do to better understand it all it would be greatly appreciated.
You look like you are doing everything you can. The only other tip would be to try the call centre if you are having issues in booking an itinerary online.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back