seat allocation with expedia.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanslegal

I've been playing around with expedia.com.au and it shows that for certain carriers it will reveal a "preview seat availability" . Clicking on that shows that seats are currently available / blocked / reserved etc.

I see that carriers such as BA, TG, CX, QF will reveal the seat availabilty maps and it quotes "the following seats are available for this flight. You will be able to select specific seats once you have selected a flight to purchase".

On BA,TG,CX bulkhead and exit rows remain available (whereas QF as we know blocks and the forward rows for QFFP elites) - so my question is, has anyone made bookings with expedia? Can you choose your seat? If yes, there may be some relatively comfortable flights in Y in the 3rd qtr of 09 for me esp in CX or TG.

Recent Expedia experience: FJ didn't allow allocation (although auto-allocated seats for a QF WP, didn't allocate seats for a NN) [NN = Nothing Nothing - ie, no status - not even QF NB]. They were separate bookings.

Don't think I've used them for any other carrier in recent times...

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I was able to select 11A on SQ's 77W, and F seats on an NH 777 (3 class operated as 2), Row 1 C seats on OZ etc - all on Expedia bookings.. (on .com - but I am sure the principle is the same)

All seat assignments "stuck"..... every single one.

I've noticed since that trip that SQ seat maps no longer seem to come up.... Bummer....

..and like you I have noticed BA seat offerings that one would expect NOT to be able to get... unfortunately I believe it is "YMMV"..

I'd like to know whether they would "stick" on those BA flights too!!!:mrgreen:

Anyone???

I booked a one-way BKK-HKG-BNE recently, admittedly using the Expedia US site, and was not given a choice of selecting seats on the CX or QF flights. I provided my QFF number in the booking and the QF seat was auto allocated but not CX. So I had to call CX to get a seat pre-allocated....

Yup.. whether you CAN select seats on the XP website varies.. with airline certainly.. but possibly with some other factors I haven't worked out yet!!

IF a friend books there for SYD-JRO... (BA/Kenyan/something else...) I'll report back on whether the good seat assignments stuck! :mrgreen:

On my recent Royal Brunei flight, booked through Expedia I was offered seating allocations and they all stuck fine.

I'm trying to book a Perth-Hong Kong-Beijing return flight with Cathay through Expedia, including four nights accommodation. Expedia seem to have a special on that route at the moment (as well as a couple of other Australian departures). The problem is Expedia (both the website and their phone agents) can't tell me what fare bucket the seats come from. As a QFF I obviously want to earn points.

When I phoned earlier in the week the agent did some enquiring for me and came back saying they would likely book into L or V class but couldn't confirm. Today I booked a package online, phoned Expedia straight away and was told they were in S class - no QFF points.

EF is showing 9s in almost all classes (and this is for travel on or around 21 February) but I still can't get a QFF-earning fare.

Any suggestions on (i) how to make sure the Expedia fares book into a QFF-earning class and/or (ii) determining the fare class prior to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back