Signature Card Offer: Priority Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
Did anybody else get this offer, we have 1 card, and 2 subcards on the same account,

the letter made it sound like it was only 1 per account, but we entered the special code provided and we all became members for free,

you get free membership which I guess means nothing, but you get 2 visits for free per year to teh priority pass lounges,

they've got them in basically every country and every major airport,

for those that have been in these lounges, and coming from a person who's definition of luxury when flying is to have food provided (we buy jetstart tickets on sale, and have never travelled business or first),

what do these lounges have/provide, it says, most lounges have alcohol and food, but is it free or is it access to a food court?? and do you get a little room or similar?

and what other benefits are theree???

from a very excited poor person!

From what credit card did you get the offer??

Amex Plat Charge provides an unlimited version of the Priority Pass card. This seems to be a more limited version.
Not particularly useful in Australia - as hardly any lounges have it (Virgin Blue used to accept but no longer)

But very good through Asia and secondary airports.
The lounges vary widely depending on airport and operator.
I would say most have food (of varying quality) and softdrinks / water, only a few have alcohol (Taipei, KL) whereas most don't (Singapore, Langkawi), about half have showers. Just worthwhile looking at the Lounge database and seeing if they have what you need.

Thanks moa

Got the offer from Citibank signature card

According to the website it says there is lounges in Melbourne and cairns, so it's not spectacular in terms of range

When would be the best time to use them, at the start of a trip, the end,

I guess long transit would be good, I was in Singapore last year for stop over for about twelve hours, went out for dinner, but was bored and tired and cold, waiting until 5am

The VIP lounge would have made it perfect!!,!
Can you sleep at these places?

Depends on the lounge. SIN is probably one of those that you could sleep in overnight, although paying for the transit hotel probably a better bet.

The MEL lounge is the UA one - open for 4 hours daily more or less from arounf 10am.

The CNS lounge is the "Reef" (It's the old international Qantas Business lounge) - not sure of it's hours.

It varies quite significantly from lounge to lounge, and as others have advised, do check which amenities are offered before you visit a lounge to avoid disappointment. Many do offer an open bar, some offer a single drink voucher upon entry with further alcoholic drinks available for purchase, and others require you to purchase all alcohol. I used my PP card extensively over 10 weeks of travel to Asia, Europe and North America (only reached QF WP/OWE this month so before then I had no status lounge access besides VA SG), so I feel I can say that the lounges in the USA seem to be of a slightly lower standard than one experiences in Asia and Europe. If it helps, here are my opinions of the lounges that I've visited on the Priority Pass card:

HKG East: Perhaps the NICEST PP lounge I've been in... brilliant atmosphere, powerpoints were plentiful, a large number of hot food options (all 'free'), and a good selection of soft drinks. Alcohol a/v for purchase.
Venice Marco Polo Club: Great views of the runway (and has a deck for better views/photo taking). Free wi-fi (you have to show your passport and get a card), decent coffee, comfy lounges, and powerpoints were available rather easily. Morning departure, so I'm not sure about alcohol (just check the site)
Vienna: Respectable food selection including some scrumptious dessert choices, self-serve alcohol (inc. premium spirits). The lounge also has an Amex VIP room - if you show your Platinum/Diamond/Centurion card to the reception they will let you use it... it was a nice quiet place to watch the tennis (and you can bring your food/drink in from the main room). Sliding glass doors keep the room private.
Frankfurt (terminal QF uses): Very nice atmosphere with a view of the landside roads. Self-serve alcohol including *some* premium spirits (Baileys and a few others). Food limited to snack items and sandwich quarters. Lounge was positioned in a way that made it 'hidden' (if you didn't know that it was there, you wouldn't find it). You need to ring the doorbell to have the door unlocked.
Singapore Rainforest lounge: Alcohol only by purchase, though there were a large number of food and drink items available (almost an entire wing of the lounge is dedicated to food/bev). Showers were great, and feature the appropriate amenities if you forget to bring your own. Power points located at tables near the walls only.
Melbourne United Club: Not worth getting here early. Some self-serve alcohol available and a few limited food choices. Lounge had a very dated feel (... to match the aircraft I assume :p)
LAX TBIT KAL/Skyteam lounge: Some self-serve spirits and wine, coffee, very fast wi-fi (until the lounge is near capacity, then it's nothing to write home about), some snack food choices. What really p**sed me off though was that the entire lounge has just ONE SHOWER!!!
Newark United club: free wi-fi, decent breakfast selections. The one we visited had a view of gate A17 (United 93 9/11).
Quebec Salon VIP Lounge: Great views of the tarmac, self-serve alcohol, and even has a fireplace!! Unable to locate powerpoints easily, though I didn't need them on this occasion.
Chicago ORD UA Club: Plenty of room and powerpoints were plentiful, free wi-fi but alcohol needed to be purchased. Probably the nicest United lounge I've been in.
Vancouver Plaza lounge (USA departures): Nice selection of hot and cold foods, alcohol available for purchase. My tip for this lounge: sit near the glass panes that face the international arrivals area. By sitting near one of the gaps in the glass, you can hear the waterfall and it's quite relaxing! :D
Vegas United Club: Free alcohol including *some* premium spirits. Other premium selections a/v for purchase. Friendly staff and good views of the tarmac and of the Vegas skyline.
LAX TBIT Relax Lounge: Voucher given upon entry for one glass of wine. Further drinks for purchase. Lounge does not have bathrooms (but are located just outside). Wi-fi worked well and the staff were pleasant. We were able to buy hot food from the food court and bring it into the lounge without issue.

Hope that helps! Any questions, feel free to ask :)

I can't speak for many of them, as I usually use the OneWorld lounges, but the KUL lounges are pretty poor. Basic good, one beer, tea/coffee etc.. I mean they're not horrible, just nothing special. The only reason we used them on a recent trip (I got free entry - had to pay for my wife) was because a beer anywhere else in the airport was about $13, and access was only $16 or so...so it just made sense!

The current (temporary) KUL lounge is even worse, but if you have free access, a quiet seat and a free beer is better than nothing. :)

I would recommend to get the PP iphone/ipad app. It will give a description of the services/location and some lounges even have pictures. PP can also be handy when the airline lounge you have access too is crowded.

I would recommend to get the PP iphone/ipad app. It will give a description of the services/location and some lounges even have pictures. PP can also be handy when the airline lounge you have access too is crowded.
There's also this Priority Pass app for Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back