Time limit between applying for a second NAB credit card.

ricktiger

Just applied for a NAB Rewards card and was approved. Would now like to apply for the NAB Qantas Rewards card.

Anyone know if there is any time limit on when you can apply for another NAB credit card?

Hesitant to apply straight after as I don't want to trigger an automatic rejection which will likely result in having to wait 90 days(?) until I can apply again.

Welcome to AFF @ricktiger !

I don’t know the answer to your direct question. However…

There’s an exclusion period of 18 months between when you can receive a sign-up bonus for NAB Rewards, and a separate 18-month wait period for NAB Qantas Rewards. So my practice is to alternate between the two rewards programmes, and to apply for a new NAB card every 9 months (approximately).

I wonder whether that, or something like it, could be your strategy? Unless you need the Qantas points urgently, what’s the harm in waiting a few months or more? At the very least you could wait until you spend enough to receive the sign-up bonus on the Rewards card before you apply for the Qantas card.

To add to what @Human said, provided you're wanting a Qantas card after having a non-Qantas card (or vv), you can get it straight away (assuming you're approved). I churned both Qantas and non-Qantas Platinum cards in the space of three months late last year.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Currently Active Users

Back