Transferring most of my direct debits from Citibank

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelbMan

With Citibank seemingly getting very picky awarding points on any sort of insurance, be it personal income protection, trauma, basically anything insurance related, I'm checking my debits and one by one transferring the debits to other cards. Missed out on the Oct 1 2013 cut-off to keep the Citibusiness Gold card so now on a Signature. Don't know why Citi have changed all of this but with the change from 1.25 to 1 to 1:1 and insurance payments not being awarded points, change is not exclusively the card issuers perogative.

Since Amex changed the points earn about a year ago, other banks/financial institutions are starting to follow and crack down on points/rewards and the like!

Insurance payments/ATO/Utilities are the big ones that are getting hardest hit

Shop around, there are still some OK offers out there, but the good old days are long gone

Looking back I'm a Citibank customer since 1994. But always have one or two other cards on the go that have varied from year to year. I've made another change recently swinging over to paying cash at places like Coles and Safeway for small shops under $30. Most of the cards have a mix of private and business expenses on them. Trying to reduce the number of items I need to reconcile each month.

Citi still seem to paying points for utilities (as of a couple of days ago). Haven't put insurance through my Citi card, and it seems like if I did it wouldn't earn points. That's a shame, but forewarned is better than not.

Quokka I had so many direct debits on Citibank I wondered at one stage where to start. These can "glue" you to a card. But one at a time, one a day it's quite a simple business and as you say if there's no points with Citi there's no point using their card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back