Triple Treat in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isochronous

Established Member
Dear Isochronous
CP_spacer.gif
Spend on your Citibank Rewards credit card - Signature ending in xx_x in June and we'll triple your reward points[SUP]1[/SUP]. This is available up to a total of 20,000 points earned, after which your regular points earn rate will apply. Excludes International and Bonus Partner transactions.

What does this mean exactly - using the Signature, if I do 20,000 points worth of spend (20k/1.5 = $13,333), then I get 60k points under the bonus? Or do they mean if I spend enough to earn ~6,000 points under the regular system, they will triple it up to 20k?

What is the terms and condition stated as per (1) above reward points?

My understanding without the terms and condition is the normal earning and bonus is capped at 20000 points. By my calculation, if you spend $4444 in the month of June, you'll earn the 20000 points. For every extra dollar, the points earn will be the normal rate, which is 1.5 points.

I might be wrong and if I do, hope someone else can explain this better.

I got a double points offer. No use at the moment due to a 0% balance transfer. Seems targeted.

What is the terms and condition stated as per (1) above reward points?

My understanding without the terms and condition is the normal earning and bonus is capped at 20000 points. By my calculation, if you spend $4444 in the month of June, you'll earn the 20000 points. For every extra dollar, the points earn will be the normal rate, which is 1.5 points.

I might be wrong and if I do, hope someone else can explain this better.

This is exactly how this offer has worked for me previously. Bonus earn until hitting 20000 points then normal earn.

Just got a deal for my Virgin Flyer card. I read through some of the earlier threads which indicated that the bonus points only automatically posted for the statement period that ends during the promo month. For example, if the email said that the promotion is valid for July and your statement date is around the 15th of each month, the bonus points only post automatically for the statement period that ends on 15 July (i.e. 16 June - 15 July) and will not post for the 16-31 July transactions without a call.

Now, my statement usually posts on the 2nd/3rd of each month. Hopefully this doesn't mean that I only get a day or so of bonus points that automatically post, and I have to stay on the phone with Citi while we go through the rest of the month's transactions one by one... :(

Is there anyone here still keep the email for this promotion, after about 6000 bonus points posted into my account, Citi decides not to continue. I accidently deleted the email from my drop box, and I have to show that to Citi to approve it.

Is there anyone here still keep the email for this promotion, after about 6000 bonus points posted into my account, Citi decides not to continue. I accidently deleted the email from my drop box, and I have to show that to Citi to approve it.

Send me a PM with your email details. I should be able to dig it out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back