Upgrade Signature to Prestige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had success doing this by calling up?
depending on your credit limit on the signature they could upgrade you

when i signed up i already had the signature and they called me to ask if i wanted to just upgrade - just had to apply to increase my credit limit on the signature first to the minimum on the prestige (can't remember what that was) and they could upgrade me after.

If you do a straight upgrade from Signature to Prestige do they check your income with HR ?

When Select first came out and you needed 120k income (i didn't) but had been a customer for 15 years they gave it to me :)

Imere12: did you tell them you don't earn 120k??

Yes, discussed various ways that they may be able to help in numerous conversations. Thought I had to give up then I rec'd it in the mail. might've fluked it ... I'm happy with the card.

ok thanks. I won't be able to send my payslip as I don't earn $120k...

lmere12: I take it you pay the full $700 annual fee?

When I upgraded from platinum to Select a few years ago, took them some time to consider it even though my credit limit was way higher than the minimum. Was expecting to be asked my income given income and credit limit requirements. Never ended up being asked just got card in the mail out of the blue a month or so later.

They would most likely enforce the income requirements on new applications rather than upgrades as long as you meet limit requirements I'm assuming.

Ok so I need to increase my signature to $30k limit first before even upgrading to the prestige... I'm on $18k at the moment.

I upgraded my Emirates card to a prestige card. I already had a limit higher than 30K. I was never asked to provide any additional income verification.

I did call up saying I wanted to cancel my card, unless they transferred me across to the Prestige. If they didn't want to I was prepared to cancel the Emirates card as I wasn't getting any value once they made changes to the card.

I get them all the time probably as I've never taken them up. As long as it's my main spend card I won't take them up.

Wife has free signature got 2 6 month freebies now the offers are a little higher but still good but higher than savings in the offset so just checking offers regularly in internet banking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back