Velocity Business flights points increases?

GDS

Is it my imagination that domestic business class velocity booking rates have gone through the roof???? I also saw a similar increase in rates with flights to japan. Are they copying that rort with Qantas called Classic rewards plus!!!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I think these have always been there (or at least for a long time). These aren't reward seats but are cash seats paid for with a terrible points conversion. They do this for both VA flights and codeshares. Look for the 'reward seats available' label.

Virgin has always offered those cash flights paid for with points, they are terrible value. It often means the flight is near full or a premium time. They used to be called ‘any seat’, no idea what they are called now

People must buy them otherwise they wouldn’t bother with them.

Is it my imagination that domestic business class velocity booking rates have gone through the roof???? I also saw a similar increase in rates with flights to japan. Are they copying that rort with Qantas called Classic rewards plus!!!
If you're thinking that business class classic rewards have gone through the roof, then yes, it's your imagination. Business classic reward prices have not risen for several years. Nor have I seen a noticeable decrease in availability, at least for the routes I commonly search and book (with the exception of routes to/from Perth).

With Points + Pay, they go up and down according to the cash price. Since 2021 Virgin has been price-matching Rex on the routes Rex flies, and as Rex's business class fares have gone up, so have Virgin's. I wouldn't call it "going through the roof", but there has definitely been an increase.

No, Virgin/Velocity has not (yet) copied Qantas' "Classic Plus Rewards".

Thanks everyone hopefully I have better luck, will keep looking for those business reward seats

Havnt noticed much change (or avail) in classic rewards but certainly their revenue tkt prices are quite dynamic - $200 differences between 9am and noon J flts ex Mel and Syd.

I've actually (at least for transcon) noticed a bit more rewards availability and no change in price for the 'classic' (J) reward seats. Could just be lucky sampling though.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back