Virgin Australia B737 Max 8

Just been told no entertainment on board prior to boarding. Well that's a good start....,😞🤭

Bummer.

How did this happen?

Below par IMO.

Some minor consolation knowing before boarding, can download something to watch possibly.
Yes but it does seem a bit ridiculous doesn't it? Seems also to be a small catering issue on loading. Think now rectified.(I'll ask on board re the entertainment).

Yes but it does seem a bit ridiculous doesn't it? Seems also to be a small catering issue on loading. Think now rectified.(I'll ask on board re the entertainment).
Ridiculous and not good enough.

These things happen I guess.

Half the time I'd be surprised if they told the truthful reason why entertainment didn't work.
Doesn't IT rule 101 state turn it off then back on usually work.

Ridiculous and not good enough.

These things happen I guess.

Half the time I'd be surprised if they told the truthful reason why entertainment didn't work.
Doesn't IT rule 101 state turn it off then back on usually work.
According to CC, it's not "downloaded". It's there to be downloaded but has not been! Bit of a farce! I also want dividers but we know that ain't going to happen soon. It looks ok just never really a business experience.

According to CC, it's not "downloaded". It's there to be downloaded but has not been! Bit of a farce! I also want dividers but we know that ain't going to happen soon. It looks ok just never really a business experience.
Ok.
I too loved the dividers.

Some would say it's not real business class so no need for a divider, ha.

Enjoy.

According to CC, it's not "downloaded". It's there to be downloaded but has not been! Bit of a farce!
I am guessing it was actually broken in your case. I have been told a few times before that there is no entertainment or the entertainment is broken (same for 'internet Wifi') and then it works perfectly :)

Interestingly, there was x3 in flight deck on the flight which took 5 hours 25 mins last night. CC who were Perth based seemed to be getting to grips with some of the "stuff" on board but alas from my perspective sadly seems typical of Perth based crew: content in doing the minimum. It's also quite a long flight without a blanket or pillow considering QF offer both while in economy! They had about 70 percent success rate in monitoring loo "invasions" behind row 2 and I still think it looks not right not having dividers. I just don't understand why this instalment is so hard for VA.

Last edited:
Pillows and Blankets are available for "buy on board" (The Relax Pack) in Y on VA on short haul international flights as a Budget/Value Carrier. Pretty much the same availability as the hot meals.

I do agree they should offer the pillows/blankets for BoB im Y on Transcons.

Pillows and Blankets are available for "buy on board" (The Relax Pack) in Y on VA on short haul international flights as a Budget/Value Carrier. Pretty much the same availability as the hot meals.

Yes..they should provide for all in Biz. On Transcon. Did not know about the buy opportunity in Y on international. Bet they never have them onboard...,😞🤭. When I do CNS to HND in biz I'll.be sure to keep my pillow.and blanket for future Transcon!! (Unless I just go QF down the back!!).

Last edited:

For starters, it would be nice to have availability of the hot meals consistently in Y - only 1/3 times that (on transcons) I have asked have I actually been able to purchase one.

Ex PER I now just buy a Whopper meal at the Hungry Jack's.

From Airfleets.net, the next batch of MAX-8s will be registered: 8II, 8IJ, 8IK, 8VA, 8VB, 8VC.

I'd expect the 8V series aircraft to be domestic only, similar to the 737-800 rego sequencing.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

From Airfleets.net, the next batch of MAX-8s will be registered: 8II, 8IJ, 8IK, 8VA, 8VB, 8VC.

I'd expect the 8V series aircraft to be domestic only, similar to the 737-800 rego sequencing.
Why is that?
Why no J cabin in new jets?
Serving what ports in general?

To be fair it is not that VA have a vast array of international flights to fly them do they? ,🤔🤭

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back