Virgin perks w Kris Flyer Gold

Lisa bell

How do I prove to virgin that I’m now Kris Flyer Gold? Just show them checking in ? Or call before hand ? I would like to have it reflected on my boarding pass? I gather I get lounge access and what else ? Higher chance of points upgrades ? Thanks for help a newbie

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

How do I prove to virgin that I’m now Kris Flyer Gold? Just show them checking in ? Or call before hand ? I would like to have it reflected on my boarding pass? I gather I get lounge access and what else ? Higher chance of points upgrades ? Thanks for help a newbie
No need to show them. Just make sure its noted on your booking and will appear on your boarding pass automatically.

How do I prove to virgin that I’m now Kris Flyer Gold? Just show them checking in ? Or call before hand ?
Make sure your Krisflyer number is attached to your Virgin booking.

I would like to have it reflected on my boarding pass?
Yes the boarding pass will show the Gold status provided the number is attached.

I gather I get lounge access and what else ?
You get :
- Access to the Virgin Australia lounge (plus one guest who is also travelling Virgin the same day) prior to departure only.
- Priority check in/boarding/baggage.
- If departing Brisbane or Melbourne 5am to 10am Mon-Fri or Sydney 5am-7am Mon-Fri you can use the priority security lane or premium entry.
- One extra 23kg bag when booked on a choice/flex/reward seat fare and one extra 32kg bag booked on a business fare.

Higher chance of points upgrades ? Thanks for help a newbie
Nope, as a partner gold holder there are some benefits you don't (which someone with Velocity Gold does) get these include no higher upgrade priority, no extra legroom/preferred seats, no lounge access on arrival, lounge guest must also be travelling and no fly ahead.

Where do I put in on booking ? I can only see yo add one ff no? So of course I put virgin . Can you have more than one Loyalty ff ?
You can only pick one, so if you want easy recognition of status then you need to remove the Velocity number and change to your Krisflyer number.

Obviously by changing it this means you'd earn points with Krisflyer instead of Velocity so if this is important then you should keep the Velocity number in the booking. You can still get all of the benefits I listed above by showing your Krisflyer Gold card at each step along the way however this obviously creates more hassle.

You can't have both.

You'll need to pick one only.
Thanks
Post automatically merged:

You can only pick one, so if you want easy recognition of status then you need to remove the Velocity number and change to your Krisflyer number.

Obviously by changing it this means you'd earn points with Krisflyer instead of Velocity so if this is important then you should keep the Velocity number in the booking. You can still get all of the benefits I listed above by showing your Krisflyer Gold card at each step along the way however this obviously creates more hassle.
Thanks

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back