Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Effective 15 June 2023, Westpac will increase the annual fees on all of its Altitude Platinum and Black cards.

The new fees will be:

• Altitude Velocity & Qantas Platinum: $250 (was $200)
  • Altitude Rewards Platinum: $175 (was $150)
  • Altitude Velocity & Qantas Black: $370 (was $300)
  • Altitude Rewards Black: $295 (was $250)

The fee increases will also apply to existing cardholders when the next annual fee is due.

I am on St George so it may take a few days for Westpac to get around to their other business names to increase annual fees.

Just got an email about this for my Qantas Black...not real happy.

The card fee has risen a bit...fair enough...but there is a $75 fee now just to get Qantas Points. From what I see this gets me nothing more than I already get and is just a gouge. What are they trying to do force you to get Altitude points instead...which cant be converted to Qantas Points.

Unfortunately I am not in a financial position currently to argue with them or apply for other cards, so will just have to suck it up.

The Amplify range across St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA has now increased too. Got an email today about my Amplify Platinum.

Platinum went from $99 fee to $124 + $75, so essentially doubled in price.
Signature was $279 and has increased to $295 + $75.

When does Westpac usually charge the annual fee? Just got the credit card and wondering when I'll be stung..

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back