What happened to the Amex Qantas card with the free flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusman

I was just on the Amex site investigating my options after getting the letter regarding no more QF points, and I couldn't find any trace of the Qantas-branded card that gives you the one free flight a year (can't remember what it was called). I know they used to have three in that range but now there seem to be only two.

I was planning to switch to that one as I like the 1.5 pts / $ earn rate of my current Rewards Maximizer card, but with that gone it looks like I have no option but to drop to 1.25 :(

Does anyone know if that card is still available?

I will be using the changes (drop to 1.25 points/$ and lack of QF or AA partners) as reasons to swing a fee exemption for next year. But will call tomorrow as I just BPayed $16,000 to the card and want them to see that as included in my annual spend as a negotiating point. No fee exemption and I will just drop the card and use my Visa for all spending.

Thanks for the link - not sure how I missed it on the main site as I can see it now :rolleyes:

$450 is quite a lot for a credit card really, will have to see if I can justify it points wise..

Yes you do get a free flight with the AMEX Ultimate Card but there is a catch and that is that you need to have purchased a Qantas product (flight or other) before you qualify for the "free" flight.

And by the way, its not just a one off but very year or else no freebie flight!

At $450 a year membership I'm just about to send mine back to AMEX with a big thank you but no thanks!:mad:

Yes you do get a free flight with the AMEX Ultimate Card but there is a catch and that is that you need to have purchased a Qantas product (flight or other) before you qualify for the "free" flight.

Me: I'd like to redeem my domestic flight
Agent: Have you met the qualify requirement?
Me: Yes
Agent: Ok, putting you through

Me: I'd like to redeem my domestic flight
Agent: Have you met the qualify requirement?
Me: Yes
Agent: Ok, putting you through

Hahaha! Love it. Try it again next week and see if you can score another domestic flight... :D

Thanks for the link - not sure how I missed it on the main site as I can see it now :rolleyes:

$450 is quite a lot for a credit card really, will have to see if I can justify it points wise..

Maybe 900 for the Platinum is better value ? ;) you can get the other card for free if you have the expensive one.
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Currently Active Users

Back