Worst customer service in the world award???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasimmehr

I just saw an ad by St George's bank stating that their call centre service was voted the best in the world, and they follow it up by saying ' seriously...the whole world'.

I wonder if Citibank call centre service would be in the reckoning for the worst in the world (and seriously, the whole world). I was with them for a year with the Emirates card which in itself was great but the appalling customer service made me leave.

Then I see this 50,000/ 60,000 bonus points promotion offer, and after deliberation, I decided to apply for it, saying to myself that I would take the bonus points and not use it at all and hopefully I wont have to deal with customer service, and want to beat myself in frustration.

So, its been almost 5 months since I applied. The first card did not reach and I had to spend a painful hour explaining this simple issue to an Asian advisor. The second card reached after a few weeks, around February and it has now been almost 4 months, 6-7 twenty minute minimum calls and the bonus points have still not been posted. Everytime I call, and for the last 2 months, I have been told that the issue has been escalated and a response has not been received. I asked to speak to the complaints/customer advocacy unit but they dont allow me to do so, since the issue is currently with a supervisor who has been unavailable everytime I have called for the last 2 months.

I feel like banging my head with my cricket bat knocker for the entire duration of any conversation with their representatives. They do not understand 50% of what I am trying to explain, make their own assumptions, and read out preformed statements every 5 seconds. It seems that they step out from their soul and human side before taking a call. They ask to hold for a few seconds and come back in 10 minutes, not even warning me after a few minutes that I would need to hold longer. They have now cut me off on two occasions today.

I have even asked for the card to be cancelled, without response and I have mentioned the Financial Ombudsman as well.

Anyone else who is in a similar situation, or can vote for Citibank as the worst Call centre service in the world??? Any advice???

I had nothing but problems when I held a card with Citibank.
When I used overseas, they cancelled it without any other notification other than a letter to my home address. You'd think they'd call first to check, but no, they just cancelled and left me in a horrible situation at Columbo airport without the means to pay for excess baggage.

Luckily a colleague was travelling with me and charged to their Visa.

It got to the stage that even when I called to tell them when I'd be away, if I used it, they'd call (at last!!!) but still want to cancel it as it "may be compromised".

Seriously, if their card is so easily compromised, it shouldn't be on the market.

When I cancelled and wanted to transfer all the points I had owing, it took quite a while - I had to threaten to contact the Comsumer Affairs office which instantly garnered the transfer.

Never again. Citibank is the *last* card I will ever sign up for, regardless of what they offer me.

And there are people who have a Citibank card for 7 years and have never had an issue with the card or customer service.

Now Vodafone customer service call centre in India is a totally diferent story....

Looks as if it will be a *very* subjective list!:mrgreen: All a matter of perspective as to how the particular nominee listed has rightly (or wrongly) treated you personally.

• Jet* - Intl MEL-DPS : a truly awful experience upon check-in; why don't QF still fly to DPS?

• Jet* Asia - always a delight; although paying for baggage at check-in (LAGS got me when my partner bought a load of perfume) is a right gouge - SGD60.00!

• Jet* - Intl BKK-MEL : only flown once but not a problem at all.
Would I choose to fly them again? Aisa, certainly; From Melbourne Internationally? Only if QF/OW didn't, and then only if the flight provided me with SCs & points.

argh...
I hate the citibank cs team...

pity their product is so good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back