15k bonus for additional card

burmans

Had this on a couple of my cards and not complaining but as well as getting the 15k points another 30k just appeared as a ‘referral bonus’. Anyone else got this? This was for the Velocity Escape card (also received the offer on Platinum Edge).

I had a supplementary card for my husband from a couple of years ago - and I think it was never activated. I just applied again and was approved for another and points allocated almost immediately.

Where / how do you see these offers?

Where / how do you see these offers?
I received an email, plus it was also in my Amex "Offers" which I just clicked through to the new supplementary card page. Selected my specific card, and it showed again the number of bonus points for that card.

personally, I got the previous round of first additional card approval for 5k. Right after that round ended, got this round for 15k, so I signed up another additional card and got this 15k within 10 mins of the card approval email. Lucky me I guess.

Can a supp card be closed online or must one call/chat? I see links to add a supp only.

Closest I've found to doing it online is using the online chat. I do wonder if the card holder could cancel it online themself without needing to use the chat feature. It's definitely more painful than it needs to be.

Thanks to a heads up from a few of the posters on here.......

I called today and cancelled Mrs Woodyren's sup card.

Within 5 minutes of cancelling the card I reapplied for a new sup card for her. I used the link provided by exceladdict as I have not received an offer personally. Card approved.

Within another 5 minutes the 15K points were in my account.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back