Card Promotions Amex 30% virgin Atlantic transfer bonus does it work for Australian cards?

tinkybelle

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
I called Amex this morn she went to website and said it may be a bonus in OZ but could not confirm
anyone got the 30% on an OZ card?

I called Amex this morn she went to website and said it may be a bonus in OZ but could not confirm
anyone got the 30% on an OZ card?
When there's a transfer bonus, you'll see the word "Bonus" next to the airline. You can see it's there now for the current Velocity bonus.
You can also see that there's no bonus with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.

This very strongly indicates that the 30% bonus doesn't apply to Australian AmEx Membership Rewards.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 8.46.07 AM.png

thats is what I thought too but she said it "should". apply
Im not happy with that answer.

I don't think her answer is correct. AmEx MR USA and AmEx MR Australia are different programmes with different transfer partners and different promotions. Just because there's a promotion on one does not mean that the promotion will apply to the other. You can give it a try with a small number of points if you want but I wouldn't expect to receive bonus points.

Where did you see information on the bonus from? A US website?

Human and Cynicor are right, if it isn’t called out as having a bonus on the website when you go into it, chances are there is no bonus regardless of what a CSO tells you. Amex runs different promotions in different countries. Frontline CSO’s are renown for their inability to get it right, whether they just aren’t told the right information or whatever other reason.

I thought that which is why I called the lady “checked the virgin website” and said yes it should apply ! Yeah right.

Attachments

• IMG_6235.png
    IMG_6235.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6236.png
    IMG_6236.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 16
Back