Amex points earn on HCF Health Insurance Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virgin
Gold
Hi, I am about to pay my HCF Health Insurance Premium for a year at a cost of over $5,000 and have always used my bank issued Amex previously. Can anyone confirm points earn using my Amex charge or Plat Edge will only be 0.5 per $ as per t&c
  • Earn 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, telecommunications companies, non American Express provided insurance and government bodies

Thank you

Yes. Unless you have DJ Amex which is 1 point.

For the explorer card:
  • Earn 2 Membership Rewards points7 per $1 spent on purchases except government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 points per $1 spent
I take it that's also 2 points per dollar at HCF since it did not say otherwise?

That makes sense to me.
I have now paid my premium via my David Jones Amex which I have transferring to Qantas points so will earn 0.75 points per $. I am happy with that and grateful for the advice received here.

For the explorer card:
  • Earn 2 Membership Rewards points7 per $1 spent on purchases except government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 points per $1 spent
I take it that's also 2 points per dollar at HCF since it did not say otherwise?

I paid my HCF premium with the Explorer card and can confirm for sure that it's 2 pts! Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Currently Active Users

Back