Maximum Number of Amex Cards in iPhone Wallet

Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Sapphire
Star Alliance
Gold
Apologies, I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find it

I have 4 American Express Cards in my iPhone Wallet. They are from three separate accounts - the UK, the US and Australia. I am the primary account holder.

We have just applied for a card with my wife as the Primary cardholder and I have a supplementary card.

I can't add it to my phone because the computer says "no". Amex are no help. They tell me that I can only have six cards on the phone (including competitor cards) but I already have 11. I had 12 but removed one to allow this new one to be added. Apple website says 12 is the maximum number.

There are device limits but I m not adding a new device.

I have added the card to my Platinum account for online access so I am assuming that this does not represent a new account.

Any intel' or suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Depends on the model. Any models after iPhone 8 and beyond support 12 cards on Apple Pay (previous ones only 8), and starting 13 pro last year, began to have a new limit of 16 cards. Apple does not publicly advertise this, and the Amex AU website still has that rather outdated number of 8 🤣

Attachments

• Use_Apple_Pay_With_Your_Card___American_Express_Australia.jpg
    Use_Apple_Pay_With_Your_Card___American_Express_Australia.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 9

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back