Card Promotions Qantas Premier Plat CC Instalment offer

maia200

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Is this a general offer? It is for 10000 Qantas points if you pay by instalment anything over $2500 and keep it for 3 months. You can pay it off at anytime without penalties. Lesser points for a lesser amount. I have always paid my cc in full by due date so a bit hesitant on paying some of it by instalments for the points in case it affects my credit standing?
1678676950091.png

10,000 points for $37.40 in interest charges seems like a pretty good deal to me. (Assuming there are no other fees or crazy T&Cs.)

Not sure how it will affect your credit standing. Repayment compliance is based on the minimum repayment not full balance.

Holding a balance doesn't affect your rating. Missing minimum payments by due dates is what will affect your rating. As long as holding a balance doesn't give you a taste and you continue the habit after earning the points, it looks like a decent deal.

Looks like QF money is dropping a few targeted offers at the moment, I got spend $3000 in 2 months for 3000 bonus points.

It won’t affect your credit history unless you miss payments. It’s pretty common for NAB/Citi to do these, I’ve had heaps over the years from Citi (either from their Premier card, usually for $100/$200 gift cards, or the Coles card, for xx,000 Flybuys points).

Most recently I got the offer for $200 gift card on a $2,500 0% interest transfer, 0.99% fee. $24.75 for $200 is obviously a great deal, so I jumped on it. But I’ve also recently had some offering 17.99% interest rates, and other such poor deals, so make sure you know what you’re signing up for clearly before you jump in.

I applied to Amex and Latitude (for points) but was turned down on both of them due to not having enough income.......maybe I should have changed where I put what but too late now. I have the Qantas Plat pre retirement.

I applied to Amex and Latitude (for points) but was turned down on both of them due to not having enough income.......maybe I should have changed where I put what but too late now. I have the Qantas Plat pre retirement.
Amex don't like retirees IME.

Before retirement they will assess household income; after retirement they only count the applicant's income. Also, they will only accept up to 5% of your superannuation balance as income, no matter what your actual pension payment is.

I have no experience with Latitude.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Currently Active Users

Back