Trouble getting fee reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

burrco

Recently I cancelled my Citibank select card. I rang to cancel about six weeks before it expired but the $700 fee had already been charged.

During the cancellation process I was told that of course the fee would be reversed. Against my better judgement I did let the customer retention (ie sales) officer talk me into a free citibank business card instead. I was also told that my account would be monitored by staffer xyz.

Around a week later I noticed the fee hadn't been reversed so called again. I was told not to worry staffer xyz would take care off it.

Fast forward to end of the billing period - fee not reversed and interest charged (against all my purchases as the entire balance wasn't paid in full as I paid the balance less $700).

Called again - don't worry staffer xyz will call etc.

Citibank haven't claimed the fee shouldn't be reversed, every time I speak to them they just claim it will be done - but nobody actually goes onto the system to do it.

So my question is where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back