A Longer Trip to Hokkaido

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

We had a really long taxi to the gate. Good for plane spotting.
DSC07691.JPG

DSC07692.JPG

DSC07693.JPG

Caught the bus from T2 to T3 and soon at the Villa Hotel Grande and only 5 minutes until the Check in machines were turned on. I now make a deliberate mistake and a staff member comes and does it all for me. And she gave us a good upgrade - a much bigger room with a view, First the room.
DSC07694.JPG

DSC07695.JPG

DSC07696.JPG

DSC07697.JPG

Must have known it was going to be our last stay.

W ent to a Japanese restaurant we have eaten at before. Was a bit of a wait for a table. A reasonable meal. Mrsdrron had her usual salmon bowl and I tempura with added fried oysters.
IMG_0564-001.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

Back to the hotel and the last view of the corridor.
IMG_0566-001.jpg

And the night view.
DSC07706.JPG

DSC07707.JPG

DSC07708.JPG

And so begins our last day in Japa. feeling a bit sad. Good staying at the airport. We had packed the night before so awoke just before 0600 and strolled across to the terminal. check in was open and no J queue. quickly through security and to the lounge.SQ use the ANA lounges at HND. All our international flights on this trip were SQ J awards. A very large lounge but I liked the JAL lounges a little more. Food offerings were similiar. Sorry about the pictures. The first do the typical iphone trick of misaligning the pictures I got them right on several occasions but when posting the first 4 pics always reverted to sideways.
IMG_0567.JPEG

IMG_0568.JPEG

IMG_0569.JPEG

IMG_0570.JPEG

IMG_0571.JPEG

IMG_0572.JPEG

IMG_0573.JPEG

IMG_0574.JPEG

IMG_0575.JPEG

And my last dish just had to be a Japanese curry.
IMG_0576.JPEG

Then off to the plane.

I spent the flight catching up on everthing I had missed in 5 days in Otaru. it eventually put me to sleep for a couple of hours.
On time arrival into Changi despite being put into a long holding pattern. Straight through Immigration and our bag out very quickly.

So off to the Skytrain and into the CP. We now check in at the lounge. Once again upgraded to premium room but this time with an airport view,
DSC07726.JPG

DSC07727.JPG

DSC07728.JPG

DSC07729.JPG

And the view.
DSC07739.JPG

DSC07725.JPG

DSC07724.JPG

DSC07737.JPG

DSC07738.JPG

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back