Adding Legs to Multi-City Flights: At the Beginning or Middle of Itinerary?

hnyb

I called Quanta support about 10 times, and each agent gave me a different answer. I'm still unsure if, after booking 6 flights online, I can add additional legs before flight #1 or between flights #3 and #4. The multi-city tool doesn't allow more than 6 flights, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to modify the itinerary.

I want exploited the capped points (one world award), and secure the long flight first then add leg for the cheaper flights but worry it won't allow the to do that and might trigger re-ticketing.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I called Quanta support about 10 times, and each agent gave me a different answer. I'm still unsure if, after booking 6 flights online, I can add additional legs before flight #1 or between flights #3 and #4. The multi-city tool doesn't allow more than 6 flights, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to modify the itinerary.

I want exploited the capped points (one world award), and secure the long flight first then add leg for the cheaper flights but worry it won't allow the to do that and might trigger re-ticketing.
In theory, yes, you can add flights once you have booked the initial flights.

However, there are problems with this.

Check out the dedicate oneworld award booking thread in the qantas forum here on AFF. It’s a very long thread but the last four pages will bring you up to speed on this exact issue.

Link: Oneworld Classic Flight Reward Discussion - The Definitive Thread

Challenges of adding flights include:

- agents can’t see the flights you want
- agents say the flights you have found are for ‘new bookings only’
- if they can add the flights, other airlines already on the itinerary may auto cancel if ticketing doesn’t happen in time.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back