Advice on champagne

I totally get inflation but the price of Champagne has absolutely skyrocketed and the only sub $35 bottles are very average. I wonder if that days of sub $30 bottles are over?

I totally get inflation but the price of Champagne has absolutely skyrocketed and the only sub $35 bottles are very average. I wonder if that days of sub $30 bottles are over?
yes!
I find it difficult to get something good for under $50. I really like Piper, but the inflation on that has been massive. What's your go to now?

I think $50 is the new lowest of lows but $60 can be had if you hunt.

yes!
I find it difficult to get something good for under $50. I really like Piper, but the inflation on that has been massive. What's your go to now?
I was previously hunting for clearance deals at BWS and LL but they have pretty much dried up after COVID

Currently the Best Champagne Deals around are:
1. Champagne Bichat $29 (if you buy 6) $33 (BWS)
2. Champagne Royal Montcourt (LL) currently $40+
3. Champagne Monsigny / Champagne Marie de Moy $32.99 (Aldi)
4. Champagne Veuve Rozier $32.99 (DM)

My wife is main connoisseur of champagne but we used to love Champagne Aubert et Fils from DM and it used to be $19.99

To be fair, there has never been decent sub $35 champagne in the last 15 years. Global demand has increased for champagne and Australian demand even more so. Production is limited. We all know how price increases when demand increases but supply remains constant.

Marc Chavaut is a very acceptable champagne that can be had for (I think now) $42/bottle from d'Or to Door.

We've been buying up the Duperrey Vintage [2012] from Dan's when it's on Member Offer at $55, which is fairly often. I reckon better than most NVs below $80-100. Worth a try if you haven't had it before. The NV is not so good... but it's often on at $40, and is still reasonable value there.

Cheers,
Matt.

We've been buying up the Duperrey Vintage [2012] from Dan's when it's on Member Offer at $55, which is fairly often. I reckon better than most NVs below $80-100. Worth a try if you haven't had it before. The NV is not so good... but it's often on at $40, and is still reasonable value there.

Cheers,
Matt.
Thanks, I've only had the NV and didn't really enjoy it, so haven't tried the vintage. Will give it a whirl next time!

Cheers,
Matt.
I agree, its very good

To be fair, there has never been decent sub $35 champagne in the last 15 years. Global demand has increased for champagne and Australian demand even more so. Production is limited. We all know how price increases when demand increases but supply remains constant.

Marc Chavaut is a very acceptable champagne that can be had for (I think now) $42/bottle from d'Or to Door.
We used to get PJ and Veuve for $35 less than 10 years ago if we were clever about it...

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Cant believe I missed the 10% off First choice Verve yesterday. I should spend more time on these forums.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back