AFF Member Stock Discussion

You should be ok getting in @RooFlyer . Go early and sit in an aisle seat if you want to poke questions at the Qantas directors. You will get a microphone to ask questions.
The board may have done rehearsals for the AGM to make it look sweet.

Last edited:
Thanks @cove

Story in today's Oz

Qantas AGM shaping up to be less fiery affair after support from influential proxy advisory firm

A bit of it

The Qantas board looks set to be spared a humiliating spill motion at the airline’s upcoming AGM, after an influential proxy advisory firm recommended shareholders vote in favour of the executive remuneration report.

Last year the remuneration report was voted down by a resounding 82.9 per cent of shareholders, angered by large salaries and bonuses for executives who oversaw the trashing of the Qantas brand.

The result prompted a review of corporate governance at Qantas, and led to the decision to deny former CEO Alan Joyce $9.26m in bonuses, and slash other executives’ short term bonuses by a third.

Mrscove is the real Qantas shareholder even though the shares are jointly owned. She got them for us in the float all those years ago.
We now don’t fly with QF internationally because they are not good enough. It may change but Qatar is coming.

Rene Rivkin was found guilty of insider trading over the purchase and sale of Qantas shares across consecutive months in 2001 for a profit of just c.$2,665 for which he was fined $30,000 and did gaol time. Makes one wonder.
Post automatically merged:

Mrscove is the real Qantas shareholder even though the shares are jointly owned. She got them for us in the float all those years ago.
We now don’t fly with QF internationally because they are not good enough. It may change but Qatar is coming.
Ah rubbing shoulders with the well healed of the terror fraternity. Not so many now of-course.

Great memory @prozac. I do wonder who got Rene’s worry beads.
Insider trading is still a crime but very few have ended up in prison.
I do hope you are enjoying the stock markets going up and down.

Great memory @prozac. I do wonder who got Rene’s worry beads.
Insider trading is still a crime but very few have ended up in prison.
I do hope you are enjoying the stock markets going up and down.
Chicken feed even then and I look at the more substantial trades in more recent times. Not asking for comments as any allegations could be misguided.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back