AFR Article - Joe Aston goes BAM!

I honestly don't understand the angst. Almost nobody that has membership has earned it. What if it was the PM'S.wife or the PM'S ex wife, or his girlfriend/lover or his butler or his grandfather.. What difference does it make. A huge storm in a teacup

And who do you expect to do anything about it. It's not public money, it's not against the law, it is exactly the same as all the other freebie memberships.
Only if it’s a mistress or sugar daddy and then it’s hurricane like storms

⛈️

I honestly don't understand the angst. Almost nobody that has membership has earned it. What if it was the PM'S.wife or the PM'S ex wife, or his girlfriend/lover or his butler or his grandfather.. What difference does it make. A huge storm in a teacup

And who do you expect to do anything about it. It's not public money, it's not against the law, it is exactly the same as all the other freebie memberships.
In the public health sector, we are not allowed to accept a drug company pen but you think the above is OK ? I have stated previously, I consider membership of the CL as a blatant bribery attempt!

To put it bluntly, it’s about a company granting favours and privileges to a section of the community ( pollies) who have the power to regulate it and it’s competition . And when you’re talking about being the opposition spokesman for transport ( potential minister) and then the Prime Minister it should be a big deal, legality not.

imagine if a health company gave the health minister privileges such as CL does ( Free wining and dining),

if you can’t see this issue here, I suggest you read the book and it’s entirety.

In the public health sector, we are not allowed to accept a drug company pen but you think the above is OK ? I have stated previously, I consider membership of the CL as a blatant bribery attempt!

Yep same as Beyond Club same as lots same as First lounge to get to you buy more expensive tickets - and?????

Not everything in life is fair. I'm not up for huffing and puffing about it getting heart murmurs over it or salivating over the next piece of gossip.

It's a perk for selected hand picked freeloaders. Nothing more or less and one freeloader is the same as another

To put it bluntly, it’s about a company granting favours and privileges to a section of the community ( pollies) who have the power to regulate it and it’s competition . And when you’re talking about being the opposition spokesman for transport ( potential minister) and then the Prime Minister it should be a big deal, legality not.

imagine if a health company gave the health minister privileges such as CL does ( Free wining and dining),

if you can’t see this issue here, I suggest you read the book and it’s entirety.

Bridget McKenzie gave an interview today, again declaring her CL membership, saying she has no problem with the perk as long as MPs declare it and don’t let it influence their work. It certainly hasn’t stopped her criticism of Qantas. CL is offered to all MPs which I think is a good system, and I believe the same is offered by VA with Beyond (Funny I rarely if ever hear JA talk about that).

Corruption, if it’s there, is on the government side, and is up to them to regulate it. You’re free to report it here if you believe it’s happening.

I requested this book a few months ago at my local library so I'm #1 of #13 on the reserve list - looking forward to reading it. The number of people who have reserved it has jumped up quite a bit over the last day with the additional publicity - there was only 4 on the list a week ago.

I also read the Peter Harbison book which was quite flattering towards AJ. Always good to get different perspectives.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back