American Airlines - First Class upgrades

Pbucking

First world problems....

So...this year...I have flown 21 times with American Airlines. Each and every time I get to the boarding area mayhem...I look at the board for "upgrades".

Not once...in 21 times (since June'24) have I struck lucky.

So.O have deduced....my Qantas Platinum...One world Emerald...would appear to count for zero.

I kind of get it...AA will always upgrade their own in lieu of QF...but just thought I'd share this....in case any one thinks they'll get an AA upgrade due to anything to do with Oneworld or QF...

I will state...I've been moved to the exit row twice..

Anyone had any better luck...or know how to score a freebie AA First upgrade ?

First world problems....

So...this year...I have flown 21 times with American Airlines. Each and every time I get to the boarding area mayhem...I look at the board for "upgrades".

So.O have deduced....my Qantas Platinum...One world Emerald...would appear to count for zero.

I kind of get it...AA will always upgrade their own in lieu of QF...but just thought I'd share this....in case any one thinks they'll get an AA upgrade due to anything to do with Oneworld or QF...

You can ask to be added to the list as a OW elite. Relatively new thing but the angels at the lounge should know how to do it.
If you aren’t on the list then there is zero chance.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

First world problems....

I got upgraded on LGA > YVR in my only non J flight on AA.

Although i think they had a very empty First cabin.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back