Amex “refreshing” Velocity Platinum Card

Doctore1003

Amex has stopped taking applications for this card, pending a refresh.
Wondering if they are making significant changes given they’ve taken the card off the market?
Mid-range Virgin Australia -> mid range Amex card?

Looking at the picture on the site, it (finally) has the new Velocity logo. Maybe that's all they're doing - seems excessive to take it off the market for that though!

The Velocity Escape has disappeared too.

Going to the VE page it redirects to the VP "Coming soon". Not sure if intentional or

The Velocity Escape has disappeared too.
The only Velocity card I can see on the Amex site is the Business one. Hopefully these "refreshments" are not "enhancements" as they so often are. Will be interesting to see what is in it for us existing card holders as well and how long it will take for anything to happen. Must be something happening to both then (or perhaps bigger changes across the range - the Escape page redirects to the Platinum page linked above).

was just about to refer someone and discovered that the referral was going to the Explorer Card.

1727314123769.png

Generic Link to explorer:

1727314180150.png

I wonder if we will see the end of the comp flight on the velocity platinum card like we saw for the platinum edge?

Still the "returning soon" landing page for the velocity amex:

Keen to see what happens with this "refreshed" card. Does anyone know how long these down time periods are until they advertise the new card? Think it's been about 2 weeks since I saw the page sitting as "returning soon"

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back