AMEX Platinum Charge card payslip question

Status
Not open for further replies.

desafinado74

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of applying for the AMEX Platinum Charge card.

I have applied and still hold another AMEX card such as the Explorer.
So far, AMEX has never asked for playslips when i applied for the Explorer , Velocity Platinum etc.

To those who have successfully applied for the AMEX Platinum charge card, did AMEX ask for payslips ?

And, did any current AMEX card holders still manage to get the bonus points? Even though they are not supposed to ?

Amex never asked payslips from me.

It's very unlikely you will get the bonus points as an existing customer, Amex data matching system is one of the best out there.

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of applying for the AMEX Platinum Charge card.

I have applied and still hold another AMEX card such as the Explorer.
So far, AMEX has never asked for playslips when i applied for the Explorer , Velocity Platinum etc.

To those who have successfully applied for the AMEX Platinum charge card, did AMEX ask for payslips ?

And, did any current AMEX card holders still manage to get the bonus points? Even though they are not supposed to ?
Can I ask why you want this card? 90% of its benefits are travel related, I personally won’t be renewing at $1,450.

My first Amex card was the Explorer. Later in the same year I decided to apply for the Platinum Charge. They never asked for copies of my payslips.

I also managed to receive the bonus points which was totally unexpected!

I never took note of what the bonus points offer for the Platinum Charge since I've been aware that Amex won't give bonus points to existing customers. So it was a good surprise to be awarded the bonus points after spending a certain amount.

Can I ask why you want this card? 90% of its benefits are travel related, I personally won’t be renewing at $1,450.
For once, I agree on this subject. Don't misunderstand me, I think the card is very good and well worth the cost, but you need to be able to travel to use the benefits and extract the value. With aviation in the state it is right now, it seems like the wrong time to be applying.

I know of someone who had the Explorer and then got the Platinum Charge and the bonus points... unfortunately it was after the devaluation anyway, so it wasn't really worth much for him.

My first Amex card was the Explorer. Later in the same year I decided to apply for the Platinum Charge. They never asked for copies of my payslips.

I also managed to receive the bonus points which was totally unexpected!

I never took note of what the bonus points offer for the Platinum Charge since I've been aware that Amex won't give bonus points to existing customers. So it was a good surprise to be awarded the bonus points after spending a certain amount.

Wow, that is great to hear ! Lucky you :D I will have to try my luck with applying for this card , once i can travel again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back