Amex Platinum NZ - not showing on website

Traveler999

Just opened the NZ AMEX site and there is no Platinum Card showing on either the personal or Business Pages. Anyone know whats going on.

We lost the Edge card a few years ago with refresh of the Gold card which gives 2 points per $. I cannot imagine the Platinum card has disappeared from the NZ market and hope they are just updating and a bit slow on the website. Oddly, via Gmial I received a AMEX Australia offer over the weekend for 275k point on the Aussie personal Plat card

I have read on social media that amex NZ was reviewing their platinum card offering in NZ. It's hard to know if it will return at this stage, judge like how the edge disappeared a few years back

Just opened the NZ AMEX site and there is no Platinum Card showing on either the personal or Business Pages. Anyone know whats going on.

We lost the Edge card a few years ago with refresh of the Gold card which gives 2 points per $. I cannot imagine the Platinum card has disappeared from the NZ market and hope they are just updating and a bit slow on the website. Oddly, via Gmial I received a AMEX Australia offer over the weekend for 275k point on the Aussie personal Plat card
The Rose Gold card looks great. Hope OZ will make the Gold card available.

Can't believe this disappeared ! Hopefully AMEX brings it back - I still have Platinum + Platinum edge. Does this mean we lose our bargaining power for points during renewal ?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back