AMEX QANTAS Ultimate New Points Earn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambo

Intern
Just got a letter in the mail from AMEX.

New points earn for the QANTAS Ultimate card is as follows (From 1st of Jun).

1.5 points per $ spent (0.5 per dollar on Government Bodies) utilities, insurance and tellecommunications providers.

Additonal 1 point per $ spent with QANTAS products and Services (I hope this includes Assure).

Has anyone got a letter regarding the Premium and Discovery cards?

So the old rates were?

• Earn 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent at restaurants in Australia[SUP]10[/SUP] and selected Qantas products and services in Australia[SUP]7[/SUP]
  • Earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on airlines, accommodation, major cruise and tour operators and spend in foreign currency[SUP]10[/SUP]
  • Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on everything else, except those in the 0.5 points category[SUP]10[/SUP]
  • Earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on utilities, telecommunications companies, non American Express provided insurance and government bodies[SUP]10[/SUP]

Isn't this what it used to be?

Exactly right.

The change from 1.5 flat rate to the 3/2/1 tiers was the reason I closed the account a few years ago. Interestingly, I am now on the 3/2/1 tiers with Plat Charge and friends, ho-hum!

Exactly right.

The change from 1.5 flat rate to the 3/2/1 tiers was the reason I closed the account a few years ago. Interestingly, I am now on the 3/2/1 tiers with Plat Charge and friends, ho-hum!

Funny because the 3/2/1 tier is what attracted me toward this car with my spend. The new changes will push me to cancel. Ho-hum indeed Mr Orange

Got this letter today, made my day (Platinum card). Only yesterday was I on the phone with Westpac discussing their Altitude Black and considering switching due to the 1.5 earn rate.

I couldn't see if we still get 3 points per dollar at restaurants though?

Platinum charge? If so - thats a big downgrade for me as the bulk of my spend is at restaurants, hotels or airlines :(

Platinum charge? If so - thats a big downgrade for me as the bulk of my spend is at restaurants, hotels or airlines :(

This is about the Qantas Ultimate credit card not the Platinum Charge card. Rest easy.

not according to the chap who made the comment above :

Got this letter today, made my day (Platinum card).

Only yesterday was I on the phone with Westpac discussing their Altitude Black and considering switching due to the 1.5 earn rate.

I honestly don't think that will last long if ANZ canned it, I think the other banks will too. There is no incentive for the banks (other than a bunch of new sign-ups if they exclusively offer it) to keep any AMEX companion cards when the new RBA rules come into affect!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back