Amex UK to Aus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Hello

Has anyone transferred an Amex charge card from the UK to an Amex credit card in Australia?

I have the UK Gold card and I have read about the Global Transfer, but the Australian Gold card costs $210 per year if you want MR. I'd prefer the free Qantas Amex to start with.

Do I have much chance of being able to get that card? My situation is as follows:

I am an Australian citizen but I moved to the UK as a child, however my parents still own our house and I still have bank accounts open from 20 years ago. I'm planning to move back just to bum around for a while as I have 3 months off this winter (Aus summer), but after graduating I might move back permanently for a bit.

Will they be able to use my UK card as a reference, as I won't have any income in Australia. Actually, I am still a student but I have some investment income in the UK which is probably how I got approved for the UK Amex. Can I declare my UK income for the Australian card? (I also do have substantial savings in my accounts, which technically belongs to my parents but is in my name for some reason, would Amex accept that in lieu of a job, especially if I tell them I am going to look for a job?)

I'm going to get an NSW driving license as well, which I have heard is something that is used to confirm your identity online in Australia. Is this true? Do I need to be on the voters' roll (I'm not)? In the UK, being registered to vote is the main way that lenders confirm your identity online.

If that doesn't work, I have just read about Qantas Cash. I haven't actually joined QFF yet because of the fee, but it seems that you can join for free via Woolworths. Is the Qantas prepaid card a good idea?

Thanks.

Bump - I'm interested to know this too as I will be moving back to MEL in a few months and need to work out what cards I need (or should have).

Will you be being paid when you come here? (annual leave?) If you cannot satisfy the $35,000 AU requirement for the Qantas Discovery I doubt you would be approved. By the sounds of it you are coming here for a extended holiday and are not planning to work - I would wait until you know whether or not you want to stay in Australia, and if you do decide to stay, wait until you get a job here before applying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back