ANA partnership with Virgin Australia

These will be my first Reward seat redemption flights, so I am rather 'nervous' things may not work out as I expect or understand them to be.

As mentioned in previous posts, I secured ANA SYD-CTS (via HND) using Velocity points reward seat (economy).
Then, on the way back, I managed to secure ANA CTS-SYD (via HND) using Avianca LifeMiles points (economy).

Both Virgin and Avianca have issued the e-ticket to me. All flights have NH code, which means operated by ANA, right?
I can also find the reservation details on ANA website using the airline reservation code and first/last name.

I have some questions, which I hope I can get the answer from the more experienced people here.

1. In the e-tickets (Virgin and Avianca-issued), checked baggage section just says 2 pieces, but does not say the weight per piece.
Will it be correct to say that the checked baggage allowance will follow ANA's international flights baggage allowance, i.e. 2 x 23 kg, not Virgin/Avianca's baggage allowance?

When I logged into ANA reservation system, it does not specify either. It just says to refer to the e-ticket.

2. Do I need / is it possible to contact ANA to issue e-tickets from them? Or, the Virgin and Avianca-issued e-ticket are sufficient?

3. In the airport, when I want to check-in or bag drop, I should do this at ANA counter, not Virgin/Avianca, correct?

4. During my trip, if I have issues with flights, do I contact Virgin/Avianca or contact ANA directly?

Thanks in advance.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back