Another new member starting late!

Qantas
Bronze
Hello all,
Scott Here from Lake Macquarie, near Newcastle. I am ex Air Force (24 years) and I have travelled lots with Defence but was never able to rack up the frequent flyer points with their modes of travel.
I am however in a position to start travelling for recreation soon and I am starting to build up points and look forward to earning status credits soon.
I have only been to Butterworth, Malaysia and Dubai UAE, but I am looking forward to seeing lots of European, American and a few Asian cities soon. As far as Australia is concerned, I only have Tassy left to see (well plus all of the other offshore islands).

Thank you all. Looking forward to learning lots here.

First question: Do many people or any at all take return flights just to earn status credits for maintaining upper levels of QFF or is it just a Youtuber thing?

The short answer is Yes.
The best time to do so is during QF DSC (double status credit) promotion, of late has been in February/March the past few years.
Further info in this thread

@scottyd72
Welcome.
There are a few ex-RAAF in these parts.

What did you do in the RAAF?

Re FF and SC points. Realistically, FF point redemption for valuable seats like Business class are becoming harder and more expensive (in FF points) to come by...

A warm welcome @scottyd72 . Great part of the world down your way. I often spent time o Pulbah Island in Lake Macquarie in my University years tagging koalas for the NPWS. Loved it.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back