Any cards still consider ATO expenses eligible for points?

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I'm likely to have a fairly sizeable ATO bill this year, so it would be a good chance to earn a QFF or Velocity signup bonus in a single transaction ... if there were any cards that still allow it. I have looked at the usual suspects that I could churn but all seem to exclude Government-related expenses for point earn. The closest I came is that I saw Citi (NAB) cards have "Citi PayAll" which earns points, but T&Cs exclude PayAll transactions for the sign up bonus.

Are there any cards I might be missing that wouldn't exclude payments to the ATO for a signup bonus? I prefer a personal card, but I do have an ABN if that helps.

I’m not aware of any personal cards that earn points direct with ATO. I think most people are using a third parties like rewardpay and Amex. I think there are business cards that earn points but they’re not much talked about, maybe because the earn rates are lower?

I'm likely to have a fairly sizeable ATO bill this year, so it would be a good chance to earn a QFF or Velocity signup bonus in a single transaction ... if there were any cards that still allow it. I have looked at the usual suspects that I could churn but all seem to exclude Government-related expenses for point earn. The closest I came is that I saw Citi (NAB) cards have "Citi PayAll" which earns points, but T&Cs exclude PayAll transactions for the sign up bonus.

Are there any cards I might be missing that wouldn't exclude payments to the ATO for a signup bonus? I prefer a personal card, but I do have an ABN if that helps.
If it's an option, I see AmEx Platinum charge card at 275,000 MR points SUB for $5K spend in the first 3 months, and Eligible Transactions doesn't appear to exclude spend with government bodies, which covers ATO spend. 1 AmEx point per A$1 at govt bodies on the card.

Cheers,
Matt.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back