BA expense refund

Scozzy

In December, I was in Scotland on holiday and had a return flight ABZ-LHR-SIN-PER. Due to bad weather in the whole of the UK the BA flights were all running behind schedule and when we eventually got to LHR there were no ground staff available to attach the airbridge so we could disembark. So my family and half the plane all missed our connections. We ended up staying the night in London and flying home on SQ the following day.

I submitted our expenses via the BA portal in January and had to chase it up several times until May when a cheque of AUD1200 was apparently posted to me in Perth. I asked several times for tracking details with no response. In July I asked again, only to be told the cheque had been cashed and they were closing the case.
I 100% did not receive the cheque so someone else has managed to cash it. It looks like BA posted the cheque halfway round the world unregistered . At no point did they ask me for bank details to do a transfer which would have been preferred. I have asked them if they can find out the bank account details of where & when the cheque was cashed. Is there anything more I can do? I am very angry!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back