Batik Air (Indonesia) to start Bali-Canberra

At this rate my moneys on this lasting less then 6 months.

It is incredibly hard to book with Batik - they are only showing flights 4 weeks out. I would like to book NOW our Canberra - DPS return flights in June 2025. Can't do it. Batik is making it hard for people to use them

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

A lady is flying with Batik Air from CBR to DPS this Sunday.

She will attend a wedding in Bali and return to CBR after four days.

She has paid $A675 including 20 kg of checked in luggage both ways ($A340 + $A335).

She has flown to Bali and back from Canberra before with Batik Air.

The Batik Air website is now showing $340 one way including 20 kg of checked in luggage.

Previously, the Batik Air website showed $1,000 one way for these flights.

It was claimed by a poster on Reddit today that the aircraft arriving tomorrow morning, departing as ID6014 from CBR - DPS tomorrow (October 13) will be the final Batik Air flight to Canberra, however I can't find any official announcement about it.

Having a look at Batik Air's official website, they do not have any flights available for booking from CBR after tomorrow's service, and nor are any results returned in Google Flights either.

Unless this has just been an error relating to the loading of flights, it looks like this route could potentially be coming to a premature end after just 4 months.

Edit - now that I have looked in a little bit more detail, it appears that this route is open for booking for dates between December 18 and January 8, with 3 flights per week scheduled during this period.

Perhaps it might be becoming a seasonal route? It seems like there is definitely something happening here.

Last edited:
I know two passengers flying Batik Air tomorrow.

One lady had her DPS to CBR Thursday flight cancelled and transferred to tomorrow.

A fellow is flying CBR to DPS on the same plane tomorrow. He is also booked to fly DPS to CBR on a much later flight.

Looking at the Batik Air website, I can see a few expensive flights before Christmas from CBR to DPS.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back