Best Card to replace Citibusiness Gold Visa for QFF Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since receiving my letter re-changes to the Citi rewards points program and the hefty reduction in QFF points, I have been looking for the best replacement card.
My searching so far has the Macquarie Platinum Visa the best option with 1 QFF point per dollar and a bonus 40,000 points. Jetastar Platinum was next best but no bonus points.

Has anyone found anything better?

I'd imagine the ANZ QFF Black comes out ahead with $0 annual fee and 75,000 bonus. Unless most purchases are going to be on Visa rather than AMEX.

Given I can't get the bonus ANZ points until at least April I'm eyeing the AMEX QF Premium given most of my spend should be fine on AMEX/BPay. At $250 annual fee with 80,000 bonus it's expensive but the 2x QFF Invitations make it better than the Macquarie Platinum Visa for me.

Wonder if Citi will offer any form of upgrade to a higher tiered card for a lower annual fee. Interested to see if they try and switch anyone up to the Prestige :)

I'm going to wait until the end of the month before making any changes because I believe a lot of FIs will be making adjustments to earn rates at some point - some sooner than others. I'm slowly getting my CitiBusiness Rewards up to the 10,000 points mark again so I can flush them out to QF just before D-Day. I'll keep using my WBC Black Amex for now, Amex Plat Charge and WOW card to cover non-Amex transactions.

What is the exact last day to transfer? Have I missed D-day ???
No, you haven't missed it - the changes take effect on Friday, 18 March, so if you trust Citibank to get it right, the last day to transfer at the old (more generous) rates would be this Thursday, 17 March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back