Bonvoy Dining Points

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Oneworld
Emerald
I’ve dined at multiple Bonvoy properties around the world without staying and never had a problem earning points until now.

I recently had an expensive dinner at The W in Rome (over 200 euros for 2 of us) and used my Bonvoy-account linked credit card (Amex Plat) to pay.

The hotel is refusing to credit my points saying that in Italy you can only earn points on dining spend on a Visa.

I’ve never ever heard this before nor can I find any mention of this rule online. Bonvoy customer service have been of no help and forwarded my query on to the hotel, who I’d already reached an impasse with.

Mystifying, I received my points for dining spend (also on Amex) from The Westin in Florence a week later.

Any ideas? It isn’t even that many points but I’m just annoyed because at this stage it seems a 5 star luxury hotel is blatantly lying to me and I want to get what I am owed!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back