Brisbane airport closed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's your view on disaster you've had a great day!!
Sometimes disrupted plans could be a disaster.

Especially if you have important meetings, appointments that are lost.

It is all relative.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Since most (96%) movements are 737/A320 or below, the "little" runway comes in handy!
I recall many years ago returning from CNS we landed in a QF B734 on RWY14 about 8pm for some reason. I was quite surprised upon noticing our different approach over the bay and the rapid deceleration after touchdown. My colleague postured that maybe they were doing some short field training but was all OK. Arrived/departed countless times in Crash-8's on RWY14.

BNE really needs that extra capacity. You don't construct this type of infrastructure overnight for a few bucks.

I think forward planning here was a casualty.the question is what role should govt play?

Agree it is all relative.

I've had mates die in a few air crashes so I tend to keep a missed meeting in perspective, unfortunately.

It was possibly on an episode of Air Crash Investigation where someone was talking about pilots taking risks & said "there's nothing so important you've got to do tomorrow that's worth dying for today".

QF15 had to go via Sydney thanks to the shorter runway, obviously too short for takeoff with a LAX load.

Any other long hauls have to stop? SIN flights making splash and dash in drw?

Wonder why it went via SYD and not say ROK or TSV (where there's been a few diversions). Or maybe crew hours were a factor? Any ideas? What did VA's 777 to LAX do?

I guess if the plane goes tech better its in SYD than ROK/TSV/HNL etc....

Wonder why it went via SYD and not say ROK or TSV (where there's been a few diversions).
Even with the displaced thresholds, the takeoff distance available in BNE of ~2800m was still longer than the runways at either ROK or TSV.

CNS may have been an option, but BNE-SYD-LAX is a little shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back