Car rental insurance win

mew

Intern
I must give credit to the Amex Platinum charge card insurance coverage for rental vehicles. I recently put a claim in for damage to a rental car in South Africa. The claim was easy to process, I uploaded the rental agreement, Amex statement, final invoice and the repair invoice which I obtained from the rental company. Six hours later the refunded money was in my bank account. Marked improvement from 8 years ago when it took 2 months!

the last few times i rented i still payed to reduce the excess due to my experience like your first one - months of chasing up and I couldn't be bothered - glad to see it actually works and is claimable in a timely fashion

In hindsight I may have been better off going through the Amex insurance route during a recent visit to Tahiti. Our car was hit by another driver who admitted fault yet Hertz charged my Amex card AUD14k upon returning the car. 4 months later and I have only just been refunded by Hertz.

In hindsight I may have been better off going through the Amex insurance route during a recent visit to Tahiti. Our car was hit by another driver who admitted fault yet Hertz charged my Amex card AUD14k upon returning the car. 4 months later and I have only just been refunded by Hertz.
14k seems rather high, were you expecting that amount?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back