Careful around DB (Deutsche Bahn)

It wouldn’t let me do that until I logged out and logged back in again, but all good now.

saw that, but I was after 1st class and just the three month trial card.

I’ve checked their trackwork page and looks like everything is supposed to be wrapped up by early December and I’m travelling in mid December so should be clear, plus I couldn’t see anything on the routes that I intend to take. So fingers crossed.

Kind of annoying though that I’m making three long-ish distance journeys between the 10th and 15th of December. My birthday is on the 16th December where upon I’ll be entitled to the extra discount for being 65 or over. 😟
Good luck with your holiday and hopefully the app will notify you of the last minute changes

I was traveling Berlin to Munich in August, I got notified 35 minutes prior to departure train was cancelled, we were in a taxi just getting to the station and this came via the app, I went to help desk in Berlin HBF and their words were you will have to find another train yourself. I had first class tickets booked and paid prior to leaving Oz and the response to that was you will have to do your best once you get on the train. Zero apologies and I actually felt like they were inconvenienced by me asking questions rather than me and my wife being inconvenienced for the travel disruption.
We ended up on a train that was very full and seated apart for the first couple of hours, apart from that the trains were great.
I was truly appalled at the attitude but I have a family member who has been in Berlin for 12 years and he was adamant that this was standard for Deutsche Bahn. I ended up writing a comprehensive complaint letter and received a voucher code just the other day for 71 euro for being delayed over 85 minutes.
German efficiency was a myth blown wide open, Deutsche Bahn was truly chaotic. Metro around Berlin was pretty good though in terms of scheduling and easy to navigate even though some of the trains and stations were pretty filthy but not all. The worst of the stations was after getting to Munich and going to Dachau, the station at Dachau was disgustingly dirty but it had a fabulous café outside of station near the bus terminal.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I had first class tickets booked and paid prior to leaving Oz and the response to that was you will have to do your best once you get on the train.
Thanks. I also have first class tickets booked.

So did you just use the app to find a connecting train to your destination and then get on board, as it’s basically an any train ticket?

Did the App sort of recognise that your train was cancelled and the new train was substitute and therefore you were ticketed on it? Or did you just have to explain to the ticket inspector what has happened?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back