Cathay Lounge Fare

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Ms Tam, how'd you find the wontons in the F lounges if you had any? was quite disappointed in the biz lounge, nothing to crow about.

The Pier menu looks a bit disappointing...might checkout the Wing next week as well

Lunch in the J lounge was excellent today, nice pizza, pasta and excellent HKG roast meat dishes. Much better than breakfast last week.

Ms Tam, how'd you find the wontons in the F lounges if you had any? was quite disappointed in the biz lounge, nothing to crow about.
The amount of times i see people getting the noodles in the Pier/Wing F is quite upsetting. They literally get it from the J lounge and cart it over secretly in the shared kitchen. Got to try the F specific food instead.

Last time I went they had the special menu on with abalone at the Pier in collaboration with Rosewood. That was a stunner.

The Pier menu looks a bit disappointing...might checkout the Wing next week as well
I would’ve thought the contrary, given The Pier has the delightful Rosewood set menus, which The Wing doesn’t have?

The amount of times i see people getting the noodles in the Pier/Wing F is quite upsetting. They literally get it from the J lounge and cart it over secretly in the shared kitchen.
How is it upsetting? The peanut sauce they use in their Shanghainese noodles is one of my favourites! Although it would be nice if they offered a larger serving in the F section, shared kitchen or not.
Last time I went they had the special menu on with abalone at the Pier in collaboration with Rosewood. That was a stunner.
Agreed, still running this menu as of my visit last week on the 2nd Oct as well.

Irony is that the CX lounge abalone, despite being small was way better than the giant abalone we had served at a wedding we attended during that trip!

CX HKG Pier F in September (inc seasonal Rosewood collaboration menu)

PXL_20240926_072418688.jpg PXL_20240926_072437219.jpg PXL_20240926_072409000.jpg

PXL_20240926_073132571~2.jpg
Marinated abalone, tofu, brown sauce (sichuan hot and spicy dumplings in background)

PXL_20240926_073404695~2.jpg
Baby spinach salad

PXL_20240926_074253967.jpg
Steamed chicken, lotus leaf

CX HKG Pier F in September (inc seasonal Rosewood collaboration menu)

View attachment 411680 View attachment 411681 View attachment 411679

View attachment 411682
Marinated abalone, tofu, brown sauce (sichuan hot and spicy dumplings in background)

View attachment 411683
Baby spinach salad

View attachment 411684
Steamed chicken, lotus leaf
The Rosewood seasonal menu in Pier F as above was excellent in addition to a bowl of wontons and the Duck leg confit I had in the Wing F earlier...a bit stuffed onboard now. ;)

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back