Changes to Virgin Australia Lounge Terms

Not to mention how many hands has been to the mouth, and how many hands have touched the thongs for assembling and then thongs for putting the sando onto the grills.
The one for the ham, the one for the greens... tomato, lettuce, ...
The ready made ones in the VA lounge are the best idea tho, just take and eat, and not sharing the touches of the plastic thongs...

Not to mention how many hands has been to the mouth, and how many hands have touched the thongs for assembling and then thongs for putting the sando onto the grills.
The one for the ham, the one for the greens... tomato, lettuce, ...
The ready made ones in the VA lounge are the best idea tho, just take and eat, and not sharing the touches of the plastic thongs...
Why are you touching thongs in the lounge...

Seriously though how else do you get the pre-prepared sandwiches?

So much of food safety is mental gymnastics.

Visited the Perth Virgin Australia lounge the other day with my partner. Ate a decent amount at the lounge to the point where I didn't need to take anything from the lounge. You could imagine my surprise when my partner opened her backpack and removed a wrap from the bag from the lounge. So far, I have yet to be arrested by the Virgin lounge cops... so hopefully I'll get away with it this time. If no one hears from me in the next couple of days, please contact my family and get have them get in touch with the AFP.

Whilst that may be true for the AmEx Platinum it is completely unclear what the rules are for elites with Virgin partners such as United Premier Gold elites. Are guests allowed? Under what circumstances? Virgin says to see the policy of the partner airline but I don't see a word from United on this issue. Presumably one guest will be permitted but I suppose we'll find out in January when I fly VA with my partner from PER to SYD.

-RooFlyer88
I'm back from Perth (where I flew Virgin Australia as a United Premier Gold) and have some answers on the lounge access for partners (after listening intently to the lounge agents in Perth):
  • Simply scanning the boarding pass will not do the trick. Unlike other airlines, Virgin doesn't seem to link up the partner frequent flyer to the boarding pass in the way say American or United would
  • You need to carry your frequent flyer membership card either digitally or a physical copy. The agent is supposed to scan/enter the membership details then scan the boarding passes in question
  • For United Airlines and Singapore Airline elites, one guest is permitted, provided they are on a Virgin flight

From the way I see it, partly too, they do not want people obviously or overtly, taking food out, ie, if they see it, they can ask the person to leave.
If its mentioned on a flyer. for food to be able to be taken out/away, ie, pre packaged, its probably ok.
But I guess its not unknown for people to surrupticiously wrap sandwiches or wraps, and then take those out.
Its mentioned more than once, that the staff have the right to ask a person to leave the lounge.
Obnoxious behaviors, also will see the person asked to leave.
===
Or more so, taking out food for others who do not have access, probably not unknown its done too.
The virgin Australia lounge that I am in at the moment allows takeaway coffee but they don't allow anything else to be taken out of the lounge

From the way I see it, partly too, they do not want people obviously or overtly, taking food out, ie, if they see it, they can ask the person to leave.
If its mentioned on a flyer. for food to be able to be taken out/away, ie, pre packaged, its probably ok.
But I guess its not unknown for people to surrupticiously wrap sandwiches or wraps, and then take those out.
Its mentioned more than once, that the staff have the right to ask a person to leave the lounge.
Obnoxious behaviors, also will see the person asked to leave.
===
Or more so, taking out food for others who do not have access, probably not unknown its done too.
It's got a lot to do with a lot of food safety it depends if the lounge is licensed for takeaway food because it has got a lot to do with food safety and the same thing goes with the reason why you can't take take away alcohol the lounges are not licensed for it

The virgin Australia lounge that I am in at the moment allows takeaway coffee but they don't allow anything else to be taken out of the lounge
The food is not worth taking out for anyone else..well unless you dislike them somewhat! Yes Big Brother always watching.....

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

But apparently a thermos of white wine is ok (as reported recently)! 😳
I recall some time.back in the Gatwick BA lounge and flight called. One of the guys serving champagne said "hang on.".went and got a paper coffee cup and poured it nearly to the rim and then popped the spouted lid on...msaying "take it you will need it by the time you are boarding".this was at 10.00am!! Gosh sometimes i miss BA lounges..😂😂

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back