Changing a QR award booked with Asia Miles

twiningb

Established Member
I used up some expiring pre2020 Asia Miles (which I could have now renewed with a transfer, apparently) to make a booking to try QSuites on the AKL-ADL tag flight.

I plan to use VA to get back, to help renew my Velocity Platinum status. It looks like it would be more convenient to book the return westbound ZQN-x(BNE/SYD)-MEL, and there's award space for QR J ADL-AKL on the right dates through Velocity but it can't be found using Cathay's new search function, which offers me ADL-xMEL-AKL on QF 737s instead.

So a few questions about Cathay award bookings:
  • I presume this would be treated as a cancel/redeposit then a rebook, rather than just a change, if I'm reversing the direction? Obvs a change would be preferable from a fee perspective.
  • Should I expect that if Velocity and (British Exec Club) can see the space, it will be available to Cathay too?
  • Can Cathay agents do this all on one call? That is: Check availability, cancel old award, redeposit my miles instantly, then rebook the reverse itinerary?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back