Changing card types - how difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilo

Ultimately I want the Diamond Awards card as I intend to run a good level of ATO payment through this and warehouse points for future use on VA and SQ.

But I don't like signing up to a new card without some kind of bonus. I notice there is a current 40k bonus Qantas points (Still useful to me) + free first year on the Platinum Awards card. Perhaps I should sign up to this then transfer over to Diamond at a later point.

Has anyone done a CBA card product transfer and can you tell me how difficult it is?

Thanks

Assuming your new (assuming you don't have a CBA card right now) Platinum card has a limit at the level for Diamond, will take just a phone call to migrate. CBA don't require you to re-apply. Very easy process compared to some like Amex.

Thanks - I am not currently a CBA customer.
Am I correct in thinking these cards can accrue either Qantas or CBA awards points?

As long as your platinum card has a limit of $12,000 (this limit is for migration, applying for a new Diamond account requires a higher limit) you can migrate to Diamond at any time.

I thought the min. credit limit for diamond via migration was $15,000?

As per this form: https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/apply-online/download-printed-forms/003-041.pdf

(I may be wrong. It could be an outdated form)

You are right but the $15,000 will only apply to Visa cards. For example if you have a Gold or Platinum CommBank Visa then you must have a limit of $15,000 to migrate, but only $12,000 is required for MasterCard accounts. If you have an existing Diamond MasterCard then you can reduce the limit as low as $12,000 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back