Changing paid seat selection on SQ -- does it incur another fee?

aspro2

I can't find any clear info on the SQ site about what happens if you change a paid seat selection. An Economy Lite fare requires payment for any seat. If you would like to change the selection (e.g. to maximise the chance of an empty neighbouring seat), does anyone know if the fee is charged again?

IME, yes, you get whacked again.

I had to get customer service to put me back in my original seat when I moved it to sit next to my dad (who'd selected a seat in a different row) and get my dad to move back to my row. Stupid system really. (Note also seats with included seat selection don't have this issue...)

I can't find any clear info on the SQ site about what happens if you change a paid seat selection. An Economy Lite fare requires payment for any seat. If you would like to change the selection (e.g. to maximise the chance of an empty neighbouring seat), does anyone know if the fee is charged again?
Once I tried this and backed out after being asked to pay again. Except that I now had the new seat and not the old an could no longer select seats - was in an "unpaid seat" limbo.

I had to call, and they fixed it with me in the new seat and no further charges.

The process was however, painful and have avoided doing so since.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back