Is the Australian Landing Card Still Necessary in the Written Form?

Got me thinking so I looked at Federal Dept of Ag re biosecurity detector dogs
Thanks for that. I am indeed out of date.

i left Customs in early 2009 obviously just before the Labradors were introduced. I do remember in the early years that Quarantine people didn't want to use our dogs and made a point of going to other parties for their training and dogs. Obviously they had a rethink.

If you ask an ABF officer how you should answer that question, of course they have to go by the exact wording of the card, but generally common sense would prevail. And, even if called out on it, I really can't imagine anything more than a stern warning.

But, if in doubt, just declare it.

I believe its an updated version of Australian Traveller Declaration, which came in during COVID. This was replaced by the now defunct DPD.

Outwardly not a lot of difference between those two, but it was the backend processes across multiple agencies that tried do a great deal more but we know how that panned out.

The Australian government and Qantas have begun a trial of the new Australia Travel Declaration, staring with flights from New Zealand to Brisbane. This should mark the beginning of the end for those yellow paper forms.

The Australian government and Qantas have begun a trial of the new Australia Travel Declaration, staring with flights from New Zealand to Brisbane. This should mark the beginning of the end for those yellow paper forms.

Why on earth the Feds are linking this with an airline rather than just a simple generic online application. It will require every airline to change their app to accommodate it. Stupid unnecessary requirement.

And still useless to families with children. Absolutely embarrassing for Border Farce that even the USA is far more competent at this.

Why on earth the Feds are linking this with an airline rather than just a simple generic online application. It will require every airline to change their app to accommodate it. Stupid unnecessary requirement.
I think the purpose is to test out the functionality before developing the app.

Having an SDK integrated with Qantas at the moment is the first stage, I don't doubt they will be further stages including a generic app but it is a nice-to-have for it to be linked to each air carrier's app at this stage.

I believe it is only during the trial period. It will likely be a government websites/app

Am I the only person who would prefer paper? I fill it in for everyone in my family including my children. My pen never runs out of battery and doesn't need to download another app for someone else's convenience.

How does the digital system work for my children who don't have their own phones?

No data security breach problems with paper either.

And still useless to families with children. Absolutely embarrassing for Border Farce that even the USA is far more competent at this.
Even Bali has it! That is embarrassing. Works extremely well, even those with kids. 😉

I suspect its web based and qf just implemented a non archived / private page into the app.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back