Citi Ready Credit - 70k Velocity points with $500 balance transfer

FYI - called to close the ReadyCredit loan account today. Already removed from online banking although the operator also said there was about $20 in accrued unbilled interest that needed to be paid so I sent via BPAY and await the final closure confirmation letter.

Interesting to note that they tried quite hard (albeit politely) to convince me to keep the loan open, e.g.:

1. Even though you repaid the loan, there's no fee to keeping the loan account open if you want to redraw on it in future.

2. If you keep it open we might have further special offers for you.

3. He also noted that I had the Citi Premier card and offered to transfer the ReadyCredit limit to the credit card as extra credit limit. This might be interesting for some but was unnecessary for me since I already have over $50k limit and I never use it anyway.

Can you just instigate a transfer to activate or do you need to actually call the 1300 number to “activate” the offer

Can I confirm please
1. Apply if approved then pay the initial fee $199
2. Balance out $[email protected]%
3. Pay off but leave Balance of $50????
4. Close when receive 70k Velocity?
Am I missing something or wrong at any step please?
Thanks

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Recent Posts

Staff online

Back