Classic Upgrade Rewards tight connection - points forfeited in event of misconnect?

Have been trying to find out what would happen in the scenario of a successful J Classic Upgrade QF1 SIN-LHR if I misconnected onto this sector due to the late arrival of my connecting QF37 flight from MEL? Would I forfeit the points in this case during rebooking? All flights would be booked onto the same ticket.

Have been trying to find out what would happen in the scenario of a successful J Classic Upgrade QF1 SIN-LHR if I misconnected onto this sector due to the late arrival of my connecting QF37 flight from MEL? Would I forfeit the points in this case during rebooking? All flights would be booked onto the same ticket.
No! If everything is on the one booking you are protected.

In the event they re-route you, and can’t do it in business, you’ll get back any points that you’ve used for the upgrade.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back