Closing account - security question

shbap

Intern
So I’m trying to close our Business Rewards account and the only way to do it, is to call up (13 74 78)! However, the issue is, I failed the ID verification because they asked a random Security Question which I don’t remember ever setting/answering, nor can I find a way to set/reset via the online portal.

Such a frustrating experience! The online portal uses 2FA via mobile but the call centre is not equipped with that capability.

Apparently they only way to do it is via sending company confidential documents over email (yeah, sounds super secure) and then somehow their process then allows them to reset the security question and somehow I’ll then be magically verified! I mean if this was a comprised situation, the hacker probably may already have access to my email too (though highly unlikely given the 2FA we use)!

Sorry for the rant, but does anyone how to reset the Security Questions in business rewards?

PS: I checked my QFF profile, and the security questions there are different to the one the call centre asked me.

If QF are making it so difficult do you have to close it? Just reduce to zero then let it sit there, doing nothing.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

If QF are making it so difficult do you have to close it? Just reduce to zero then let it sit there, doing nothing.
Fair point. I’d much rather have it closed but yes, I guess it doesn’t matter, it will just sit there dormant. Presumably my personal QFF can be linked to a new/different Business Rewards account.

Fair point. I’d much rather have it closed but yes, I guess it doesn’t matter, it will just sit there dormant. Presumably my personal QFF can be linked to a new/different Business Rewards account.
You can link your personal to as many as you want, however not all of them will show up as the default option like the login.

Personally i just parked my 2nd QBR on an alternative email now that our business structure changed. I changed the login email to the new abn account (same email, just a bit of swapping around).

Its sitting there collecting dust for now but if theres a good QBR deal, I now have multiple accounts to use.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back